- Fluid gaming: The Acer predator X34 provides a high-end smooth gaming experience. Besides its large screen, it is an ultra-wide curved screen with an IPS display and a frequency of 100Hz. Its NVidia G-sync feature eliminates image stuttering and tearing.
- Environment-friendly: Global warming is real, and its effects are manifest. The Acer Predator X34 gaming monitor takes up the campaign for environmental perseveration. It is RoHS and Energy Star compliant. Again, the monitor’s mercury-free White LED backlighting reduces power consumption by nearly 70%.
- Response time: the response time of the Predator X34 is four milliseconds. It is better than the group’s standard. However, most of its competitors provide a shorter response time of 1ms. Having this extremely low response time may reduce ambushes in time-critical games.
- Limited inputs: The USB hub offered by the Acer predator is commendable; however, the gaming monitor should have allowed more than one PC connection. Several cheaper gaming monitors provide more than one HDMI and Display Ports.
- Low-quality speaker: While the addition of extra speakers is an impressive move, the 7W speakers on the X34 produce deplorable audio quality.
The Acer Predator X34 gaming machine is without a doubt one of the best options for hardcore gamers. It offers all the high-quality features, which include IPS panels with 4K resolution and NVidia’s G-sync and ultra-wide curved field of view. While gamers who are concerned about number may be worried about the 4ms response time, it is still better than the group’s 7ms average.
Predator X34 is a monitor for gaming buffs with a budget for the high-quality accessory. The fact that the monitor supports only one extra PC connection is an issue to those who seek multiple monitor configurations. Otherwise, it is a sufficient provision to gamers who can do without an array of displays.
High-quality gaming monitors have taken the market by a storm. It appears that the electronic manufacturers have decided to do away with the low-quality screens and focus on futuristic features. Fortunately, the competition has made the monitors very affordable. Acer’s Predator X34 monitor is one of the results of this supremacy tug of war.
The X34 in gaming monitor boasts of being the first curved screen with NVidia G-sync feature. The claim alone makes the monitor worth looking into. This review highlights the features that make this monitor worth a gamer’s investment. It is also too detailed to avoid mentioning the weak points of this monitor.
The design is Acer’s specialty. First, the monitor is curved which means, the player is drawn into the action from the very beginning and there are no blind spots. The curved is cleanly cut out at impressive angles. It comes with a solid stand that has a premium-quality aluminum base. The X34 also has a cable management hole that keeps area tidied up.
Ergonomics is a measure of how safe it is to person’s physical health to use the gaming monitor. Key considerations are the tilt angles, height adjustment, and the effects to the eye. The body will eventually suffer from the effects of poor ergonomics.
The Acer Predator X34 gaming monitor comes with an ergonomic stand. It has a tilt angle of up to 35 degrees and vertical adjustments of 5 inches. It also has adjustable ambient lighting effects for the protection of the eyes. Additionally, the gaming monitor keeps you in the game by eliminating eye fatigue using the Blue-light filter and Eye-Protect Flicker less technology.
It is not a crime to judge a gaming monitor by the number of peripheral ports it has. The Acer Predator X34 monitor comes with 5 USB ports, four of which are downstream ports while one is for upstream transmission. It is notable that all ports are USB 3.0. Other input ports are a display Port and an HDMI 1.4 port.
Acer understands that a game is not worth the name if the sound of blasting guns and breaking glasses is are not distinct. Consequently, it provides two 7watts speakers together with the X34. However, as most monitor speakers, they are not very powerful.
It is the only reason why people buy 4K monitors. The Acer Predator X34 gaming monitor is a 4K resolution screen. Simply put, it offers the highest resolution (3440 x 1444) you can use a find on the market today. It is five times better than the standard 1080pixels.
The X3 also features an Ultra-Widescreen with an aspect ratio of 21:9. It consequently offers a wider field of view providing immersive experience gamers and media aficionados. Additionally, the X34 has another feature called the Zero Frame design. It maximizes gaming experience when you resort to a multiple monitors view.
The next display feature worth mentioning is the choice of the screen panel. The Predator X34 comes with a 34 inch IPS panel screen. In-plane switching, commonly referred to as IPS, is the best panel on the market today. It offers the largest viewing angle of 178 degrees. Consequently, players can enjoy high color contrast irrespective of whether they are viewing the screen from a corner or head-on.
The Acer X34 monitor provides a fluid gaming experience with its exceptional features. First, it is clocked at 60Hz, which is the standard speed for high-quality fast-paced gaming. This frequency nevertheless, can still be clocked up to 100Hz.
The main feature for which this screen is honored is its NVidia G-sync. It ensures that the monitor’s refresh rates are locked to the graphics cards’ refresh rates. As a result, there are no image tearing or stuttering. It comes with a 4ms response time. It is sufficient for FPS games where quick response time is key to victory.
The X34 machine provides high image and moving picture quality with its 100% color gamut. It also meets the 6-axis color requirement for sharper and accurate color display. It is also worth mentioning the X34’s ability to handle high data transfer rates and large bandwidth. Thanks to its HDMI, USB port capabilities and Display Port.